PPMS - Professional Practices Management System
PPMS is a management system for agencies based upon developing, implementing and adhering to a set of industry-specific professional practices and policies. The ACA International PPMS program includes 18 basic elements. Developing and documenting a PPMS is the core of the ACA International Agency Certification program.
Since we are a certified PPMS collection agency, you can be sure that you are in good hands. as your certified PPMS collection firm, we make sure to implement all best practices when it comes to your business. Our professional collection services offers the features and benefits below.
Features and Benefits:
- Management Responsibility: Reviewing vision, mission, goals and expectations.
- Management System: Writing company policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Review of Client Issues: Determining company’s ability to meet client’s needs and expectations.
- Document & Data Control: Maintaining both electronic and paper documents—policies, procedures, work instructions—and removing obsolete information.
- Purchasing: Managing the purchasing process—major products and services only.
- Control of Client & Customer Supplied Data: Securing and controlling all data flowing into the office.
- Data Identification & Traceability: Understanding company information and where it belongs.
- Process Control: Maintaining procedures or instructions for consistent performance—new business entry, cash application collection call, etc.
- Inspection & Testing: Testing, reviewing and verifying planned work processes—new business entry, cash application, collection call, etc.
- Inspection & Test Status: Verifying that company processes occur in sequence.
- Identification of Nonconformity: Identifying and recording mistakes or problems.
- Corrective Action, Preventive Action & Continuous Improvement: Correcting and preventing problems by finding a better, faster or more reliable way to accomplish work.
- Handling, Storage, Preservation & Delivery: Disaster planning and delivery of information.
- Management of Records/Data: Handling, storing, retrieving and depositing of information.
- Internal Management Audits: Ensuring procedures and policies are followed and the management. system is working by having all departments inspected on a regular basis.
- Training: Continuous training of all staff.
- Process & Client Satisfaction Measurements: Measuring results internally and externally.
- Information Management Systems & Technical Infrastructure Administration: Ensuring availability of systems; integrity of applications and data; and confidentiality of information.
To learn more about how our PPMS certification helps us serve you better, please contact us.